Sunday, October 25, 2009

Netflix, How Could You?!

Dear Netflix,

For the last few months my girlfriend and I have been reliving the late seventies by watching Dallas via Netflix. It's been fantastic, shaking our fists at the conniving JR Ewing while laughing at the fashion (and hair) of the times.

Before watching the DVDs, my girlfriend was well aware of Dallas, and yet somehow had made it through life without hearing about the "Who shot JR?" cliffhanger. When I realized this, I did everything I could to keep the cliffhanger a secret from her. I warned my family before dinners together. I warned my friends as they made fun of us for watching Dallas. "She doesn't know any of the cliffhangers ::hint hint::" And it worked!

That is until we received the season three DVDs from Netflix, because right there on the envelope description you mention the "'Who Shot J.R.' season-ending cliffhanger." Egads! All my hard work, months of JR-like deception and betrayal to protect my girlfriend from Dallas' surprise ending, all rendered worthless by a few words on the Netflix envelope!

We will still enjoy season 3, but every episode will be watched by my girlfriend in a different light, her Dallas innocence now gone.

At the very least, I guess we have learned a lesson. We will no longer read your envelope descriptions, especially when it comes to Dallas. Because, while we both now know about the "Who Shot JR?" cliffhanger, neither of us knows the answer to that question, and we hope this one will remain a surprise until the season four DVDs arrive.

Sincerely,

Adam "Seriously, Don't Tell Me Who Shot JR" Gerard

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said:

Blasted Netflix with their thoughtless description.

October 25, 2009 11:22 PM  


Blogger Natalie said:

You sound like Bill from "Freaks and Geeks". If you don't know what that is then maybe it should be your next Netflix adventure. (PS This is Adam not Natalie)

October 31, 2009 2:50 AM  


Post a Comment

<< Home